Ken is helping me get my mind wrapped around the big climbs through the Rocky Mountains ahead. ⛰ 🚴🏼‍♂️ ⛰

What I’ve found is that ***conditioning, rest, nutrition, hydration, careful planning, proper gear and maintenance, etc. are all vital. Can’t do it without them. But combined they still only add up to 10% of what it really takes to go through mountains with a fully loaded bike. The other 90% is just sheer bull-headed will. It really is.

Once you’ve done the very important things at *** above, you just have to decide it’s gonna happen.

And leave extra extra extra early so you can rest a lot.

And carry more water than you think you’ll ever need.

And hydrate often.

Here goes. 😎🚴🏼‍♂️⛰

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s