363 more miles to Las Cruces, NM. Then I’ll be on Southern Tier route across the Rocky Mountains. 3 of the next 7 days are bigger mileage days.
🚴🏼♂️☀️The 2nd one of those is from Roswell, NM to Ruidoso, NM & it’s MY FIRST REAL TEST on this journey: 🔴 69 miles. (40 miles that day is steady up hill and HALF OF THAT 40 miles uphill is at an 8 – 11% GRADE).
– I will be carrying lots of water and staying hydrated.
– Mailed home 20 pounds of gear to lighten my load and reduce my profile for headwinds.
– Riding early mornings to keep a little cooler.
– Got bigger visor on helmet to protect from sun.
– Also using cooling neck wrap, electrolyte and salt tablets.
Lots of adventure and amazing sights ahead over the next 49 days and 1,460 miles. Thanks for following along! 😊🚴🏼♂️🌅