🌊 🚴🏼♂️ 🌊 – For those of you who are just checking this out for the first time, my name is Bill Swartz and I’m on a COAST to COAST bicycle ride (Stone Harbor, NJ to Los Angeles, California). I’m traveling 3,600 miles through 16 states. http://www.thisclearbluesky.com . I’ve traveled 2,100 miles so far and am currently riding west through Texas. 🌅 I’m riding across America to raise awareness about the acute homeless problem in my hometown of York, Pennsylvania and to raise $15,000 for Bell Socialization which runs the family homeless shelter there.
700 families are turned away from that homeless shelter each year, every year, due to lack of space. Many of those families have children and some of them are sleeping in cars.
All donations go straight from GoFundMe to Bell and are tax deductible. GoFundMe link: https://gofund.me/55b78754
I invite you to follow this journey via on social media or on website. You’ll see photos, video clips and stories as I cross the United States by bicycle:
🟡 Instagram @ billswartz3
A FEW NOTES:
* I’m doing this trip as inexpensively as possible. I mostly stay in a tent in state parks or campgrounds and mostly eat freeze dried food.
* I’m riding a regular bicycle. NOT an e-bike.
* I’m 52 so I rest a lot. Not setting any records here.
* I’m enjoying this journey and feel lucky to be doing this. Have met so many cool and kind people and have seen some amazing sights.
* Heading to divinity school this fall to get my masters degree. It’s a three year program. I hope to work in the non-profit realm doing whatever I can to serve our community.
🌅 I invite you to share this website http://www.thisclearbluesky.com with friends to help raise more funds for Bell Socialization which runs the family homeless shelter in York, PA. All donations go straight from GoFundMe to Bell and are tax deductible. GoFundMe link: https://gofund.me/55b78754